Saturday, April 30, 2011

Did Warner Bros forget about Green Lantern?


by Atlee Greene

With the news regarding the Dark Knight Rises cast, and Zack Synder's Man of Steel, I'm starting to think that Warner Bros forgot their Green Lantern movie is hitting theaters this summer. The movie looks visually stunning. The 3-D experience will make it even better. The announcement of Ryan Reynolds as the Emerald Knight left me with mixed emotions. The first trailer left me feeling the same. The online reaction to the trailer seemed to echo my sentiments. Is it possible Warner Bros lost has faith in the franchise due to the reaction of the trailer? Advertising was plastered everywhere, months in advance for The Dark Knight and Superman Returns. Some would say GL is not getting much love due to his status on the B list of superheroes. Iron Man was not on the A list either. That did not stop Marvel from going all out with the promotion.

The two minute special preview gave me A LOT more faith in the movie and Reynolds portrayal of the character. Green Lantern is one of my favorite superheroes. I'm a hardcore Green Lantern fan with casual knowledge of his story. My Green Lantern is Hal Jordan. I will never be a Kyle Rayner fan. Besides what I have read in the comic book, I have little knowledge of Tomar-Re and Kilowog and I'm excited to learn more about them when I see the movie. I normally avoid midnight showings, but, I'm going to make an exception for Green Lantern which comes out on June 16 in 3-D and IMAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment