Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Green Lantern thoughts

I watched Green Lantern in 3D this weekend. I liked it, I didn't love it. It's not a bad movie at all. It was missing that movie magic that made you feel you think "WOW, that was a great adventure". I felt this way when I watched Iron Man and I'm not an Iron Man guy. There were a couple of plot holes that I have a hard time looking past. I was really concerned Ryan Reynolds would do a disservice to Hal Jordan and I was wrong. He was great but hindered by the script he was given to work with.

For any Green Lantern fans who didn't like the movie, I have one thing to say. WE SAW HAL JORDAN ON THE SILVER SCREEN. This is a moment GL fans have waited for. Not every superhero movie can be The Dark Knight. Don't let the reviews get you down. Most of the reviews I read were written by folks who were unfamiliar with Green Lantern's story.

Do you really want to help the Green Lantern franchise? Don't whine and complain. Instead, challenge Warner Bros. Dare them to be great. The movie cost $300 million dollars to make. There will not be a sequel if the movie falls below their expectations. Let them know this hero's character has an amazing story that people can sink their teeth into. Making some changes to improve future releases can be done if the people in power know it. Otherwise Green Lantern will get the Superman Returns treatment but, without the reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment