Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Indy Focus: Rob "The Giant" Araujo





Rob "The Giant" Araujo

Height: 4'10
Weight: 135
Age: 20
Hometown: Tiverton, RI
Finishing Maneuver: Short Notice (double under hook, flip backbreaker)
Trained by: Brutal Bob Evans, Revolution Chris Venom
Promotions: EPW, NECW, BTW, NCW, PLW, LPW, PRWA (Puerto Rico), MPW (Canada), VCW

Q: When did you become a wrestling fan and how?

RA: When I was 8 years old I stumbled across a WCW Nitro taping where Sting and Bret Hart were duking it out all over the arena.


Q: Where did you grow up?

RA: Warren, R.I until my senior year of High School.


Q: Who were your favorites growing up?

RA: Sting, Rey Mysterio, X-Pac and yep Scotty 2 Hotty. Their styles stood out to me and just how the smaller guys moved around and of their height as well, made me think I could do this one day.


Q: Did you attend wrestling shows when you were a kid?

RA: I went to only a handful, it was after 2 EPW shows when I was 16 when I came across a wrestling school ad.


Q: What is your favorite wrestling match?

RA: Tag matches, I don't know why but when it's work with the crowd I love the pop they make


Q: What is your favorite event?

RA: Any event, whether it’s a benefit show, profit show. People pay to see you; they know what wrestling is so make them believe every night you’re out there.


Q: First impressions of the business when you were training?

RA: Wasn't what I expected, and it sucked for awhile, but this was a dream of mine and I didn't give up. Here I am 4 years later still going.


Q: How has life been on the Independent Scene?

RA: It has its ups and downs obviously. I love going out every weekend to different venues and seeing houses grow.


Q: Who are some of the notable names you have worked with?

RA: I've been on shows with a lot of names, but the only one I really got to work with not including Ashworth as the famous Doink, is Short Sleeve Sampson. I've been on a few tours and to a few venues with him and its fun. When I wrestle him it’s a totally different wrestling style, but his years in the business and experience have helped me out a lot. I'm grateful for what he's done for me.


Q: Do you believe Kayfabe is dead?

RA: Too some extent, but with techno today it's easy to get the scoop on things.


Q: Any TV/Media appearances:

RA: I did T.V for NECW last year on Comcast, and as well was on TV in Puerto Rico for PRWA and was On WWE Raw for Little's People Court, which was a lot of fun.


Q: Can talk about you experience working for the WWE when you were booked for the little people’s court?


RA: December 2009 I was asked to be apart of Raw, for what I had no idea what I would do. I spent time down there with Brian Thoe, another Midget Indy worker. We checked out the setup, met almost everyone there is, and of course the best part, The Buffet room! Our agent for the night was Michael Hayes, so right there it was fun to have someone I used to watch and admire as the boss sort of. Everyone was real professional and had good attitudes around the locker room.



Q: What was it like to work with HHH and Shawm Michaels?

RA: It was an honor to do something in the same room as those two. Everyone growing up in this era had to of watched them and being able to be apart of something of there's was fun. They just went off the fly with our gimmick and the shit they had was hilarious.



Q: Have you come any obstacles in getting work as a result of your size?

RA: Yes/ No. I hate the old midget comedy spots for a whole match. Yeah that's what draws and gets some crowd reaction. But I like the big man little man story. Its hard finding other midget wrestlers in the area and the only one I truly admire is Short Sleeve Sampson. He has helped me with getting around places and having good Wrestling matches with. Of course I can't go full 20 minutes with a bigger guy, so there's a down fall but I do what I can. I don't want to a known as a professional midget wrestler, but a Professional wrestler who was a midget!


Q: What are your future plans?

RA: To hopefully be back in WWE, try for TNA. Other than that just go where I can and see where wrestling takes me. I want to be known as a hard working midget wrestler, who brought a new level to the word midget wrestling. Big, or small I love just getting in the ring with another pro and perform



Q: When and where was your last match and what was the result?


RA:  In Brockton Massachusetts with my partner Kevin Cordero and we went over The Minute Men (Devin Blaze and Tommy Trainwreck)



Have any questions or want to learn more and see my updates visit me at
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/The-Giant-Robbie-Araujo/123084447771823


No comments:

Post a Comment